Assist enrolled and prospective students in the development of meaningful educational and career goals by providing comprehensive advising services including basic financial aid and assessment information, and developmental educational and career planning services. This position reports to the Director for Advising.
Also provides a stipend for serving as the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. The Women’s Basketball Coach will coach, advise, develop and train collegiate-eligible student athletes in Basketball skills in order to represent the College at the intercollegiate level of competition. This coaching position reports to the Athletic Director.
- Advise prospective and enrolled students regarding academic and vocational programs, admission procedures, degree requirements and transfer requirements.
- Assist students regarding assessment scores and placement, and basic financial aid information.
- Advise students through the entry process.
- Assist students in clarifying educational, career, and life goals.
- Provide support for special student populations.
- Help students to develop individualized educational plans.
- Design and deliver group advising sessions and workshops.
- Participate in educational sessions including Outreach, NSOs, and Ways 2 Pay.
- Participate as a team member in implementation of advising procedures and objectives.
- Collaborate with advising staff, faculty and other TCC staff to develop and implement innovative advising activities.
- Prepare and deliver New Student Orientation for student athletes.
- Liaison to other campus student support services assisting students to find services for which they are eligible.
- Liaison with Assessment and other departments across the college as appropriate.
- Participate in college and community meetings, as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Head Women’s Basketball Coach
- Coach and lead TCC Women’s basketball program in practices and games.
- Teach the fundamentals of basketball.
- Teach physical conditioning relative to basketball.
- Develop training codes and ensure enforcement.
- Advise student athletes regarding ethics, sportsmanship and academics.
- Lead group trainings to develop teamwork and responsibility.
- Recruit within the rules and regulations of the NWAC Conference.
- Assume the responsibility for the conduct of the players both on and off the field.
- Ensure safe transportation for team to away games and activities.
- Be knowledgeable regarding conference rules.
- Encourage and demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times.
- Recommend budget for the program.
- Accept responsibility for all equipment and uniforms.
- Perform related duties as required.