Responsible for all aspects of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Women’s Basketball program, including recruitment and coaching. Position also includes other responsibilities as detailed below.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Recruiting students to meet enrollment goals as determined annually by administration.
- Other recruiting duties as directed by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Monitoring of student-athletes’ academic performance and athletic eligibility.
- Completing academic responsibilities as determined by Vice President for Academics and Associated Services.
- Overseeing academic credit for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Acquiring knowledge of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and North Star Athletic Association (NSAA) policies and eligibility standards, with demonstrated commitment to adhering to policies/standards.
- Coaching on-field/on-court/on-course to include practices and games/matches/meets.
- Selecting and supervising assistant coaches and/or student assistants for programs under the position’s direction/responsibility, in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
- Interviewing, selecting, and supervising work study students for programs under the position’s direction/responsibility, in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
- Scheduling and planning of practices and training programs.
- Coordinating team travel for programs under the position’s direction/responsibility, to include vehicles, motels, and meals, in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
- Coordinating events management for home games/matches/meets.
- Coordinating public service and volunteer opportunities for student-athletes and athletic staff.
- Budgeting for all programs under position’s direction/responsibility.
- Violation of NAIA or NSAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Maintaining appropriate and positive professional media relations.
- Assisting in securing advertising and sponsorships in accordance with College policy.
- Assisting with media guide(s).
- Maintaining current information on College web site for programs under the position’s direction/responsibility, in conjunction with the Sports Information Director.
- Institutional Support:
- Assuming other duties as assigned by the College and/or Athletic Director.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Prior basketball coaching or playing experience required; college women’s basketball coaching experience preferred.
Integrity and respect; excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills with ability to work effectively with all constituents.
- Normal temperature working environment.
- Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment.
- Friendly, teamwork type of work environment.
- Normal amount of overtime and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.