This regular, part-time position (62%/44 weeks per fiscal year) is responsible for the overall supervision and operation of the women’s basketball program. The position reports to the Athletic Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations of the NJCAA and TCCAA as they relates to the women’s basketball program.
- Responsible for coordinating student-athlete recruitment activities for the women’s basketball team including, but not limited to, tracking the admissions and eligibility process involving recruited student-athletes.
- Responsible for scheduling and supervising all practices and games and submitting statistics to the TCCAA, Region VII and NJCAA national office.
- Make travel arrangements for the women’s basketball team and transport the team to and from games which includes reserving DSCC vehicles as early as possible to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Encourage academic success, retention, and graduation of student-athletes. Responsible for monitoring and supporting the student-athletes’ academic progress through monitoring study hall hours, obtaining feedback from faculty and promoting graduation.
- Earn and maintain the DSCC Master Advisor certification.
- Supervise volunteer or temporary assistant women’s basketball coach or other volunteers aiding with the women’s basketball team. Ensure timely submission of a Volunteer Agreement to the office of Human Resources each year for every volunteer.
- Maintain equipment and facilities related to the women’s basketball program.
- Provide timely publicity and schedule updates to the Director of Public Information.
- Develop and participate in fundraising activities for the Athletic Department.
- Participate in all DSCC athletic committee meetings, and other staff meetings when requested, as well as mandatory coaches meetings held by the TCCAA, Region VII and NJCAA national office.
- Prepare for out of town travel by requesting meal money advances in a timely manner and by providing itemized receipts and group travel summaries upon return to the college.
- Coordinate all aspects of the women’s basketball program budget with the Athletic Director in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Participate in the annual athletic recognition program.
- Assist with intramural basketball opportunities.
- Maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class C with a P (passenger) endorsement.
- Submit a mid-year and end-of-year program summary to the Athletic Director.