Prep Network (www.prepnetwork.com) is the national leader in prep sports coverage, events, and athlete recruitment. Our writers produce 2,000 articles each month, our 50+ tournaments and showcases host hundreds of teams and thousands of prospects across the country each year, and our RecruitMe Advisor platform matches athletes with their perfect college.
We are a rapidly growing sports-focused company looking for the consummate team player to help us plan, organize, and operate tournaments and showcases. Our Event Operations Team is responsible for reserving facilities, staffing workers, managing inventory, and numerous other tasks to ensure our events run smoothly. We are looking for someone that fits our culture, work ethic, and, most importantly, our passion for learning and improving.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Booking Facilities. We run tournaments and showcases across the country. Network and build relationships to ensure we have access to the highest-quality venues. Review, sign and submit required paperwork for venue use. Manage and maintain insurance policies, and submit payment.
- Event Staffing. We depend on part-time workers to make our events run smoothly. Recruit, train, and motivate our event staff to run events and provide the highest level of experience.
- Keep Us Organized. Running 20+ tournaments and 50+ showcases require some serious organizational skill. Utilize checklists and streamline processes to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- Communication. Clear and consistent communication through email, text, and phone is critical. This includes regular communication to event participants with relevant information, as well as outreach to our event staff make them feel and act as an extension of our company.
- Inventory Management. Track current apparel, marketing material, and supply inventory, and replenish as needed.
- Flexibility. We’re growing quickly and need someone who embraces new challenges and opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a field related to business or sports management
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, and solve problems on the fly
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), as well as Google Apps (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs)
- Experience scheduling tournaments is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in event management or operations is preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Fun & Flexible Work Space. Free coffee and snacks? Check. Open & collaborative work environment? Check. Ping pong and mini-basketball hoop in the back? That, too.
- Awesome Co-Workers. Company culture is important to us. We love to hire curious and self-motivated people who work hard and have a blast doing it.
- Benefits. Health insurance and the most flexible vacation policy (we don’t track days off).