Director of Women’s Basketball Operations for the Women’s Basketball program under the general supervision of the Head Coach. This is a non-coaching position which will coordinate the operational aspects of the Women’s Basketball program by assisting with video operations; oversee the budget; coordinating scheduling; managing apparel and equipment; camp coordinating; scheduling non-conference and tournament games, act as a liaison to conference and other departments within Holy Cross Athletics. The Director of Operations will compile team related stats; plan, coordinate, and execute year-long travel plans; handle the arrangement of team practice scheduling; coordinate team community service activities; and organize all aspects of recruiting visits. This person will also provide equipment support during away competitions.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for travel budget and ensuring travel expenses remain in budget.Produces all travel itineraries for away games.
- Scheduling and confirming travel practice requests
- Coordinates meals for games
- Oversee practice and game film production
- Assist with breakdown and statistical analyses
- Design recruiting mailings, keep database current and help plan and coordinate recruiting visits
- Assist with fundraising including working with coaches and athletic development representative in planning, preparing and coordinating events
- Assist with team community service events including event scheduling, publicity, coordinating with team community service activities
- Designate assignments/game duties for practice and away games
- Coordinate team film exchange for both away and home games
- Manage employee schedule for team managers ensuring appropriate coverage.
- Assist with logistical aspects within the function of the program
- Point of contact for visiting teams
- Manages and plans team events and functions.
- Assists will all aspects of summer camps.
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers through freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Attends and supports all games
- Performance of all other duties and special projects as assigned by the Head Coach
- Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as part of your job responsibilities. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to background checks.