The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes application for the position of Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball. Reporting to the Head Coach, the Assistant coach will assist with the management of a competitive NCAA Division II athletic program, including assisting with conditioning, practices, recruiting, travel arrangements, and student managers.
• Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of UTPB, the NCAA, Lone Star Conference and those set forth by The University of Texas System, and State of Texas.
• In conjunction with the Head Coach, plans and executes a successful program that would include duties such as: conducting regular team practice sessions; coaching the student athletes, evaluating athletes performance in practice and competition; monitoring the conditioning and training of student athletes, advises and counsels student athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance. Work with Head Coach in coordination of team academics. In the absence of the Head Coach, represents the program during practices and games.
• Arranges recruiting functions including off- and on-campus visits, evaluations and contacts, and documents all activities as required per NCAA rules. Engages in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
• Schedules and supervise individual student-athlete workout
• Participates in public relations activities, as approved, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media. Coordinates and implements approved fund raising activities.
• Ensures that necessary athletic equipment is available and in proper condition for scheduled practices and competition and makes recommendation for repairs or replacement, as necessary.
• Participates in clinics, exhibitions and camps, as approved. Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
• Performs administrative tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangements, budget preparation and monitoring, and maintaining statistics. Must provide a written detailed account annually for all athletically related income and benefits earned from sources outside the institution, per NCAA bylaws.
• Performs other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to the recruitment and retention of student athletes
- Possesses an unencumbered driver’s license and the ability to travel on university business
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Prior Coaching experience, or a minimum of two (2) years working in a campus or athletic environment or as a collegiate athlete