This position will serve as the Assistant Coach of the NCSU Women’s Basketball program. Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adhering to the NCAA and ACC governing policies and procedures. Attending compliance education meetings; demonstrating commitment to both the intent and spirit of applicable NCAA and ACC rules and regulations; demonstrating integrity and professionalism in applying guidelines to individual program.
- Assisting with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, to include assisting with on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
- Assisting in coaching and teaching skill-development in student-athletes. Instructing on team philosophy, physical health, and safety. Responsible for sole instruction and method of teaching in a assigned area; such as, goal keeping, pitching, etc…
- Monitoring the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength Coach and the Athletic Training staff.
- Attending coaches’ preparatory meetings. Developing and implementing strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Advising and counseling with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, academic performance, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
- Assisting in monitoring the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes, to include both class and study hall attendance. Working to achieve academic standards for student athletes. Demonstrating consistent commitment to the academic performance, retention and graduation of student athletes. Effectiveness of monitoring progress reports, progress toward degree, encouragement of participation in campus/athletic department leadership and activities, implementing programs that involve community service, and encourages the pursuit of internships, jobs and volunteer work in academic area(s) of interest.
- Assisting in maintaining statistics.
- Interfacing with officials.
- Participating in public relations activities, as needed, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating approved fund raising activities, as assigned.
- Assisting with budget preparations. Operating within approved budget allocations.
- Assisting with the development of schedules for practice and competition, as assigned, to include interfacing with Departmental administrators and representatives of other schools and conference.
- Assisting with making necessary travel arrangements. Traveling with the team and monitors the conduct of student-athletes.
- Interfaces with Student Managers to insure that necessary athletic equipment is available for scheduled practices and competitive events.
- Monitors the condition of equipment and requests repairs or replacement, as necessary.
- Participates in clinics, exhibitions and camps.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned by the Head Coach.