Purpose for the Position: To assist the head coach the women’s basketball team in intercollegiate athletic contests and to administer supporting program for women’s basketball.
- Conducts program within stated philosophy and established guidelines set forth by George Fox University, Northwest Conference and NCAA Division III.
- Conduct individual and group instruction in sport-specific skills, as well as conducting instruction related to strength and conditioning training activities.
- Conduct individual, small group and team meetings to provide skill and sport-related performance development instruction to students (video/data review).
- Prepare/assist with preparation of instruction, i.e., practice plans for team training and practice sessions; analyze data and results from practice and competition to include in individual and group instruction.
- Attend all competitions in order to provide instruction; assist with athlete preparation and execution; including strategy, data collection and continual coaching.
- Assist with recruitment efforts to attract high quality student athletes with a commitment to academic success.
- Assist with administration of team equipment and travel arrangements.
- May assist with administrative activities to support the function of the women’s basketball program, such as maintaining contact information, preparing recruiting materials, performing alumni and community outreach, and any other duties deemed necessary for program operation.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role.
- Demonstrates awareness, respect and appreciation for diversity of culture, background, race, sex, political views, expressions of faith, etc. and works well with a variety of people.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of directly related club or collegiate coaching experience or equivalent education or experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution’s goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement and being in living agreement with same.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing, including on telephone, and to understand and follow instructions.