Head Women’s Basketball Coach – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
|School:||Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University|
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University- Prescott, Arizona invites applications for the position Full-Time Head Women’s Basketball. Coach. Embry-Riddle is a member of the NAIA and the California Pacific Conference, sponsoring 11 sports. Located in the beautiful mountains of Prescott, Arizona, Embry-Riddle’s commitment to academic excellence and student growth is at the fore front of each of our programs. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to duties listed below:
1. Actively recruit qualified incoming student-athletes who have an interest in one of the University’s academic programs. (25%)
2. Provide fundamental and advanced instruction of Women’s Basketball techniques and philosophy to student-athletes. (25%)
3. Administrate all facets of the Women’s Basketball program, including: (20%)
a. Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
b. On-site management of practices and games.
c. Supervise all assistant coaches and student workers.
d. Schedule all athletic contests.
e. Arrange for transportation, housing, and meals for trips.
f. Responsible for the purchase and care of uniforms and equipment.
g. Secure game management personnel (officials/umpires, scorekeepers, etc.) for home games/matches.
h. Develop, implement, and manage team budget according to University and Athletic Department policies.
i. Secure both practice and game facilities.
j. Ensure that all team members adhere to University and NAIA guidelines with regard to academic and athletic eligibility.
k. Collaborate with the Sports Information Office to maintain accurate statistics and records.
l. Work with the team physician, Sports Medicine staff, and University Health Services to promote the health and safety of team members.
m. Monitor the academic progress of all team members.
n. Responsible for organization and administration of any tournament hosted by Embry-Riddle.
o. Represent the Athletic Department and the Women’s Basketball program at, NAIA regional, national, and other related meetings and events.
p. Perform assigned administrative duties with regard to University, and NAIA requirements.
4. Promote the Women’s Basketball program and pursue opportunities to fund-raise resources outside of the University budget. Develop relationships within the University to promote the Women’s Basketball program and the student-athlete concept; develop relationships within the community to promote the Women’s Basketball program; develop and execute fund-raising activities in conjunction with the activities (workshops, summer camps, clinics, etc.) to promote the Women’s Basketball program; work with the Sports Information staff to develop media guides including advertising sales and generating ideas for media feature stories. (10%)
5. Mentor student-athletes with regard to life skills and preparation for life after their sport. (10%)
6. Actively support the NAIA “Champions of Character” initiative through team activities and personal adherence to the five core values of respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and servant leadership. (5%)
7. Pursue professional development opportunities (conventions, clinics, guest speakers, etc…). (5%)
8. Other duties as assigned.