To oversee all aspects of the Women’s Golf program and to assist the Women’s Basketball Head Coach in all aspects of the program.
|If part-time, indicate the number of hours per week.
|Indicate specific days and hours to be worked.
- Ensures integration of golf program activities to College mission and culture as Head Coach.
- Assists the Women’s Basketball Head Coach in the growth and development of the program.
- Recruits prospective student-athletes for both golf and basketball in order to reach the teams’ target roster size.
- Retains and graduates’ student-athletes at a rate higher than the overall college rates in order to generate positive net revenue for the college.
- Coaches in a manner that results in successful performance in order to create a positive image of the college in the minds of the community, alumni and other prospective students.
- Ensures compliance with NCAA, MIAC and internal policies and procedures; reports any known or suspected violations promptly to the Director of Athletics.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with the rules, techniques and culture of collegiate golf and basketball.
- Administers all aspects of the golf program including budget, team travel, scheduling and documentation to insure the smooth operation of the team and efficient use of the college’s resources.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 2 years golf coaching or playing experience and 2 years basketball coaching or playing experience; OR an equivalent of combination of education, training and experience.
- Principles, practices, strategy and tactics of an intercollegiate golf program and basketball program
- Principles and practices of program planning, development, implementation and administration
- NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements and recruiting regulations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse staff and student populations.
- Developing and implementing program project goals, objectives, procedures and work standards.
- Planning, organizing and implementing golf and basketball athletic programs and activities.
- Proving professional advice and counsel in a respectful and effective manner.
- Computer applications related to the work
- Budget and financial record keeping practices
- Exercising sound independent judgement within general procedural guidelines.
- Preparing clear, concise and complete reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or department goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with team members, coworkers, students, alumni, and community.