This position works in coordination with the Head Coach to oversee and manage the internal needs and services of student-athletes. Additionally, this position will be responsible for organizing and executing recruiting operations.
- Coordinate the day-to-day needs of student-athletes related to practice and game preparation.
- Assist the Director of Operations with planning weekly and monthly student-athlete practices, class and study hall schedules.
- Assist the Director of Operations and collaborate with the Compliance Office regarding program needs.
- Oversee ticket allocation for student-athletes.
- Serve as a liaison to academic support staff for women’s basketball student-athletes.
- Coordinate and execute all on-campus recruiting activities.
- Oversee and manage recruiting database software and Jump Forward software to manage the recruiting process.
- Assist the Director of Operations with all camp responsibilities.
- Assist with special events including basketball alumni relations.
- Comply with NCAA, Big Ten, and University regulations.
- Must work with and communicate effectively with all team members and support staff within Michigan Athletics and the UM community.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the NCAA Compliance rules.
- Must have NCAA basketball working and/or playing experience.
- Must have four-year college degree.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and time-sensitive demands.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and intercollegiate athletics.