The Director of Operations will be responsible for all aspects of administration for the Cal Women’s Basketball program. This job requires managing multiple tasks and changing priorities in an often hectic setting. The Director of Operations will act as a liaison with other department staff members to provide information and facilitate program operation. Within the program, he/she will act of as the Chief of Staff with the coaches as well as the support staff in developing and maintaining the structure of the office and overseeing the larger process of workflow within each aspect of the program.
- Work closely with Head Coach to assess the organization and structure of the program to allow for maximum efficiency and a High Performance model
- Assist Head Coach with oversight and assignment of tasks for the Coordinator of Operations, Director of Video, and Operations Intern positions. Includes assigning projects/tasks and delegating responsibilities as part of a project.
- Serve as the primary liaison and collaborator with other department units to accomplish goals set forth by the Women’s Basketball Task Force. Complete forms, provide information, and serve as liaison to various department staff members regarding women’s basketball players, recruits, and staff including admissions, financial aid, and housing forms and applications.
- Respond to requests from various constituencies for student-athletes or Head Coach appearances. prioritize requests, and maintain appearance calendar.
- Manage online calendars for Head Coach, Team, and Women’s Basketball Staff and ensure that all appropriate personnel have access to view calendars.
- Coordinate training table and pre-game meals. Consult with caterer and nutritionist in developing meal menus.
- Coordinate booster club activities with Development Office, including correspondence and benefit fulfillment.
- Under coaches’ direction, coordinate recruiting activities for Women’s Basketball, including managing database, mailings, and arrangements for official and unofficial visits, and recruiting gate list.
- Coordinate purchasing for the team including obtaining price quotes and completion of paperwork.
- Ensure appropriate office coverage during normal business hours. Maintain a thorough understanding of the program’s operating budget on a consistent basis.
- Review monthly expenditure reports and meet with Budget Analyst to address adjustments, areas of concerns, and projected forecasts.
- Work with department travel office to negotiate and implement arrangements for team travel, which includes booking flights, hotels, and ground transportation.
- Organize team needs on road trips, which include creating itineraries, practice times, organizing hotel and restaurant meals, etc.
- Make arrangements for vacation housing and per diem for student-athletes.
- Manage practice and competition schedule for the team, which includes, meeting with Head Coach to determine practice preferences, then works with Department scheduler to ensure availability of times. In addition, serve as the main communicator about all schedules to staff, student athletes, and support staff.
- Serve as representative for Women’s Basketball at all Game Operations meetings led by Event Management office.
- Coordinate food and supplies for home and visiting team needs (equipment, hospitality, medical, etc). Work with equipment manager and team managers as needed to provide services to team.
- Secure practice facilities for visiting team in coordination with coaches and scheduling committee, and notify all appropriate parties.
- Coordinate player, coach, recruit, and complimentary ticket requests for all games.
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of booster club events, which include, open practices, pre-game chalk talks, post-game receptions.
- Schedule and coordinate other team events (i.e. Alumni Reunion, Senior Day, End of the Year Banquet)
- Work with Head Coach to determine the event’s program.
- Ensure confidentiality of information.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.