Serves as the Video Coordinator and Assistant Director of Operations with the Women’s Basketball program. Coordinates and administers every aspect involving video needs, including, but not limited to filming, editing, and analyzing practice and games, preparing scout and self-scout videos, creating player and team film breakdowns, high light films and creative off the court, and behind the scenes videos. Assists and creates mail-outs, presentations, innovative graphics, and branding.
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, and the ACC.
- Edits all practice and competition videos to include breakdown of practice videos using sport specific software.
- Coordinates and supervises set-up and presentation of video to team before and after practice.
- Serves as support and maintenance liaison between video hardware/software vendors and Wake Forest when problems, glitches, and viruses occur in system.
- Assists with post season banquet.
- Assists with player/coach pass list.
- Oversees video exchange to opponents and maintains records of mailing downloads; develops a video library of games received from opponents.
- Maintains inventory of all video equipment and ensures security. Oversees upkeep to include cleaning and repair of video equipment, and upgrades of all video equipment used to record, view, or store game and practice video and tapes.
- Develops and maintains video play book.
- Designs and creates mailers for Alumni, recruits and Women’s Basketball team.
- Designs and creates recruiting presentations.
- Assists with on-campus recruiting visits and presentations.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in a collegiate sports program, playing experience at the Division 1 level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- General knowledge of an intercollegiate basketball organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and ACC rules as it pertains to regulations of video exchange and operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Knowledgeable of professional video, including use of digital video cameras, recorders, digitizers, patch panels, and video projectors.
- Production basketball recruiting videos on and off the court.
- Ability to work in extremely high stress, pressured, deadline driven situations.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel with teams as assigned.
- Working knowledge of SportsTec, Synergy, EZ Xchange, Dragonfly, and presentation software.
- Creative branding across social networking vehicles such as but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance policy.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in field production and post-production editing, exceptional familiarity with all aspects of basketball, and experience with digital editing.
- Works under limited supervision. Reports to the Head Coach, Women’s Basketball.
- Accountable for video equipment inventory.
- Accountable for maintaining inventory/library of videos.
- Knowledge of NCAA and ACC recruiting regulations.
Additional Job Description
*This position will close on Friday, July 17, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.*