|PGC Basketball is a leading educational program in the game of basketball in North America. We create game-changing, life-changing experiences for over 10,000 players and 5,000 coaches each year through our courses and clinics. We teach players and coaches how to think the game, and how to be leaders on and off the court.
Beyond credentials and skill sets, we look for people who love making a positive difference, serving others, and finding ways to make things around them better every single day. Our PGC team members are passionately committed to helping PGC be a light in the basketball world. We care deeply about our culture, we love to have fun, and our mission inspires our work.
|Scheduling and Event Coordinator
- Research and identify ideal facilities to host PGC camps & clinics.
- Negotiate contracts with host facilities.
- Manage contract details and coordinate all logistics for PGC camps & clinics.
- Serve as the contact person between internal and external clients associated with PGC events and on-site staff hosting PGC events.
- Assist with interviewing, selecting, training and supervising onsite summer staff.
- Support onsite staff in all camp management details to ensure a positive player, coach, parent and staff experience.
- Maintain positive relationships with facility conference service & campus contacts, troubleshooting problems that arise during the use of each facility for PGC events.
- Lead all aspects of camp licensing requirements.
- Work on assignments that are complex and may require problem resolution and development of new methods and procedures.
- Must have flexibility in terms of working hours/days due to different time zones and the PGC camp schedule. This includes some evenings, nights and weekends throughout May-August and during special PGC events.
- Be able to work independently from a home office.
- Have access to a personal computer with secure internet capabilities.
- Have access to a work space that allows for focused work with minimal background noises and distractions.
- Limited travel required.
- Ability to use judgment and initiative to facilitate efficiency while maintaining high levels of service and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate needs and prioritize/manage multiple complex tasks while maintaining a high level of customer service to internal and external partners.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, solve problems and adjust quickly to changing situations and requirements.
- Ability to handle complex problems effectively and to separate key issues and generate multiple solutions.
- Ability to identify and communicate problems. Flexibility to address new challenges and learn new skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate on projects and to independently execute assigned tasks.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to assess and initiate things independently.
- Demonstrates follow through with strong attention to details and effective time management.
- Provides high level of customer service in person and over the phone.
- Exemplary communication (written and oral) skills and diplomacy.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm in the midst of fatigue, pressure and adversity.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on developmental areas that are job and/or organization-relevant.
NOTE: This role provides an opportunity to work from home within North America (with limited travel required), flexible and generous vacation time, travel for staff retreats and meetings, and the chance to be a part of an industry-leading company with a passionate and dedicated team of 35 full-time staff.
Open until filled.