William Peace University seeks applicants for a full-time Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: organizing and directing all daily operations; all aspects of coaching a regionally competitive Division III Women’s Basketball program; organize and direct the recruitment of prospective student-athletes; direct overall program planning and organization; adhere to USA South and NCAA rules and regulations; work within the framework of the Department of Athletics administration and coaches; communicate effectively with students, faculty, administration, staff and alumni; responsible for budget management, and administer all team travel.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties as Head Coach for the Women’s Basketball team:
· Provides leadership and supervision in all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program including, recruitment, retention, academic support, practice preparation, game strategy, alumni development, fundraising, and community service
· Recruits student athletes who meet the University’s admissions requirements. Meets annual recruitment goals as developed annually by the Director of Athletics and Director of Admission , including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches
· Coordinates and outlines a complete recruiting yearly plan to identify quality student athletes
· Mandatory attendance at all Admission open houses and scheduled orientations
· Ensures compliance with all University, USA South Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations related to recruiting and academic monitoring for student athletes
· Collaborates with the Sports Information Director for the positive promotion of the Women’s Basketball program.
a. Areas included should be individual and team statistics, media guides, reports to NCAA, USA South Conference, individual accolades on and off the field and website updates
· Ensures Department and University regulations are understood by and complied with by student athletes and coaching staff
· Works closely with the Athletic Department and Advancement office in any fundraising activities that will directly impact the Women’s Basketball program or the Department of Athletics in general
· Represents the University at athletics meetings pertaining to Women’s Basketball; including USA South Conference meetings and coaches convention
· Coordinates a minimum of two (2) community outreach projects for the promotion of William Peace University athletics
· Develops an annual operating budget and oversee the purchasing distribution and collection of all equipment
· Displays a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and ethical conduct as per the NCAA and USA South Conference
· Performs planning, organization and execution for on the field coaching duties as described and direct all practice sessions and competitions.
· Function in game day organization and assignments.
· Evaluation of opponents and the development of a plan in accordance with each event
· Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the department.
· Development of team expectations and policies.
· Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes.
· Develop, support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the department.
· Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Life, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
· Direct all administrative functions of the program.
· Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
· Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of William Peace University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
· Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pacer Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
· Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support WPU Pacer Club activities representing the program and WPU athletics.
· Additional significant duties will be assigned (based on qualifications and departmental need) by the Director of Athletics
The minimum qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Willingness to travel
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Certification in CPR, AED and first aid (will be provided by college if not already trained)
The preferred but not required qualifications include:
· Master’s degree
· Collegiate coaching experience