Working 12-months, full-time. The women’s basketball head coach is responsible for all phases of running a competitive and life impacting women’s basketball program. Responsibilities include; recruiting, practice planning, game facilitation, fundraising, staff supervision, budgeting, and other administrative responsibilities necessary for a competitively successful and life impacting basketball program. Additionally, the coach will be expected to contribute to student mentoring, staff retreats, and university committees. The coach will work cooperatively across the Whitworth community to advance the mission of the University.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Head Coaching Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and execute a dynamic training program to develop and prepare players to maximize their potential and pursue excellence in athletic achievement.
- Successfully facilitate all aspects of coaching a team in competition.
- Foster the academic achievement and physical well-being of student-athletes.
- Mentor and develop students both on and off the field.
- Develop and implement a plan for the recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Plan and manage team scheduling and travel arrangements.
- Remain knowledgeable of and adhere to NCAA regulations.
- Represent Whitworth at in the Northwest Conference and the NCAA
- Perform other duties commensurate with responsibilities of a college head coach 2. Budget Management
- Manage and maintain team budgets in line with University policies.
- Order and maintain equipment for the women’s basketball team. 3. Fundraising
- Plan and administer fundraising efforts on behalf of the women’s basketball program. 4. Other possible opportunities.
- Depending on the knowledge, skills, interests, and experience brought to this position by the candidate, additional responsibilities will be assigned that may include teaching courses and/or other administrative duties. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to contribute to student mentoring, staff retreats, and university committees.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student athlete.
- Proven record of accomplishment in leading a highly successful basketball team.
- Extensive knowledge of the sport of basketball.
- Understanding of NCAA compliance rules.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality basketball student athletes.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in team atmosphere in the Athletics Department.
- Strong commitment to the University and the NCAA Division III philosophy.