Vassar College invites applications for the position of Head Womens Basketball Coach. This is a full-time, non-tenure track faculty, benefit-eligible ten-month position. Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are required.
Vassar College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will serve as the head coach in all aspects of a competitive and inclusive NCAA Division III women’s basketball program including, but not limited to:
- The recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes; Budget management;
- Game strategies and competitive coaching;
- On-court instruction for practices and games; Player and team development;
- Fundraising and community service; Equipment management; Travel;
- Competitive scheduling; Academic monitoring; Alumni engagement.
- Secondary duties in the department will be based on candidate interest and aptitude and could include teaching, facilities, student-athlete development, game management, SAAC, etc.
- Vassar College athletics programs and the Head Coach are conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA and the Liberty League.