Head Women’s Basketball Coach – University of Montevallo – Full-time
|School:||University of Montevallo|
|Salary:||$53,456 - $73,228|
The purpose of this position is to provide coaching expertise, leadership, management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
1. Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all practices and contests.
2. Implement and maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
3. Supervise and evaluate assistant coach(es), graduate assistants, interns and student workers.
4. Organize and implement a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the University of Montevallo.
5. Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAAconference, the intercollegiate athletics department policy manual and the University.
6. Attend and participate in department and staff meetings.
7. Manage the program with the parameters of an approved budget.
8. Coordinate with the Director of Athletics on the hiring of assistant coaches and other support staff for the program.
9. Review all budget requests and projected fiscal needs.
10. Schedule all intercollegiate contests and team travel in accordance with PBC Scheduling and NCAAModel.
11. Review student-athlete eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations.
12. Provide financial aid recommendations for both prospective and enrolled student-athletes
13. Manage the facility repair and maintenance schedule and maintenance of equipment associated with the program, contest administration and game operations.
14. Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with University and departmental support staff to ensure an efficient and effective program and department.
15. Develop and participate in fund-raising activities for the program in conjunction with athletic advancement through the Falcon Club.
16. Represent the University at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities and civic affairs.
17. Encourage and administer an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefits to the on and off-campus community.
18. Maintain relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the program.
This position requires: 3-5 years of successful NCAA coaching experience; 1-3 years of head coaching experience, preferred.
Follow link below for official job posting and application information.