Provide leadership, organization, and supervision for all aspects of the women’s basketball program at Sul Ross State University to insure a competitive and successful program, following all NCAA Division III, American Southwest Conference and university rules and regulations.
Scope: Coordinate all aspects associated with running a competitive NCAA Division III basketball program
- Identify, attract and matriculate outstanding student-athletes who demonstrate the ability to be academically and athletically successful.
- Schedule practices for both in season and out of season.
- Schedule all competitive events and complete all travel arrangements.
- Monitor student-athletes academic performance. Emphasis on graduation rates and academic progress.
- Monitor all workouts to ensure student-athlete safety.
- Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all university, NCAA Division III, and conference policies
- Recruit and retain high quality student-athletes.
- Correspond with prospects using a variety of communication channels; including written, in person contact, phone and visits.
- Support student-athlete academic and athletic excellence, leadership development, team development and community service.
- Maintain database of information regarding recruiting, including number of contacts, number applied, number visited, number accepted and number enrolled.
- Ability and willingness to fundraise.
- Prepare and manage the budget for basketball.
- Order and maintain all equipment necessary.
- Stay current with developments in the profession.
- Maintain NCAA Compliance.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Clear knowledge of the sport(s) of basketball; ability to develop a competitive program.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, student-athletes and alumni.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong recruiting and coaching skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide variety of students, parents, alumni, faculty, departmental staff, administration and the community.
- Proficient with technological recruiting and coaching tools.
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to the NCAA Division III Philosophy as well as NCAA, ASC and departmental rules and regulations.