JOB DESCRIPTION : SFCC is an Independent JUCO level athletic program in partnership with Community Christian College. The mission of SFCC is to provide overlooked, under-recruited and/or under-educated student-athletes an opportunity to obtain a post-secondary education while continuing to chase their athletic dreams. SFCC fields teams in Football, Men’s Soccer and Men’s Basketball that will begin play in Fall 2021. SFCC will be adding programs in Cheer, Women’s Soccer, Baseball and Softball in 2022 to fulfill our program goal of applying for NJCAA membership. We are currently seeking a Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach to possibly begin play for Fall 2021.
Role: Recruits prospective student-athletes following the College’s mission and student-athlete recruitment procedures, supports student-athlete academic success , plans for and directs the athletic team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports student-athlete academic success by ensuring students are meeting the College’s academic progress expectations; provides and enforces appropriate interventions when there are signs of deficiency.
- Maintains positive relationships with surrounding area high school coaches to assist in recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Collaborates with head coach to plan and coordinate the scheduling of all games, strength training sessions and practices; game planning and preparing players for athletic competition.
- Assists in verifying athlete eligibility prior to competition.
- Serves as the responsible party for student-athlete safety and conduct during all team athletic practices, games, events and activities and notifies the athletic director of any issues.
- Supports marketing and public relations efforts by providing game/athletic contest results in a timely manner, sharing student-athlete success stories, and promoting athletics in the community using forums such as social media.
- Participates in regular coaching meetings and professional development as designated by the head coach
- Performs other duties as assigned such as referring student athletes to 4-year college and university athletic programs be they D1, D2, D3, NAIA or USCAA
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience- playing and coaching at least a HS level (Assistant experience accepted)
Education- Bachelor’s preferred, Associate’s or valid certifications from an accredited institution accepted
Interpersonal Skills- Good interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with students, family members, faculty, staff, administrators and high school and college athletic staff.
Technical Skills- Working knowledge of current and emerging computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office products.
Other Skills- Knowledge of rules, strategies, and techniques of the sport
- Knowledge of methods of physical conditioning
- Knowledge of any divisional regulations pertaining to the sport
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn College, rules and regulations governing sports schedules and activities of sport.
- Knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies required to provide facilities suitable for the applicable sport
- Ability to plan, organize and direct a sports program/athletic team
Physical Requirements- The work is mostly sedentary; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Salary for position is a base $4,000 stipend (paid in two $2,000 payments) with quarterly commissioned recruiting bonuses.
Two-part Interview Process(First-part with Head Coach. Second-part with Regional Athletic Director.)
Will not reimburse for moving expenses.
This Job Description may not be a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $4,000.00 per year(Bonuses)
We follow the precautions put in place by any facility that we use.