The Head Basketball Coach will report to the Athletic Director and will oversee all aspects of operating a successful Intercollegiate Basketball program.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting and Evaluation of Prospective Student-Athletes:
- Identify prospective student-athletes capable of succeeding academically, spiritually, and athletically, as well as successful retention at Ohio Christian University.
- Maintain a database of prospects including updated records of contacts.
- Successfully recruit those identified student-athletes.
Student-Athlete Skill Instruction; Team and Game Preparation:
- Responsible but not limited to teach all basic and advanced skills required in the sport of Basketball during individual skill sessions, team practices, and strength and conditioning sessions.
- Develop and implement sound and safe practice plans that successfully prepare the student-athletes with the fundamentals of the sport of Basketball.
- Develop a comprehensive and strategic game plan for each scheduled contest throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, the evaluation of upcoming opponents by breaking down game tapes, preparing a scouting report for student-athletes and making adjustments to the game plan as needed during contests.
- Organize and coordinate of a wide variety of administrative tasks which include, but not limited to, team travel, contest scheduling, budget preparation, office administration, academics (retention, graduation, GPA’s, academic coaching, study tables), compliance, facility usage, public relations, marketing, style guide, fundraising, community engagement, fall-winter-spring-summer camps and other daily operations for operating a successful intercollegiate basketball program.
NAIA Rules Compliance:
- Be responsible for knowledge of, and adherence to all NAIA rules and regulations pertaining to but not limited to recruiting, eligibility, and general operation of the Basketball program.
- Position requirements: A solid working knowledge of the game of Basketball. Two to four years of playing and/or coaching experience at the college level. The selected candidate must successfully pass all University requirements for employment.