Responsible for instructing student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of women’s basketball; and determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques.
- Plans and implements the operation of the basketball program
- Recruiting women basketball players
- Share responsibility for administration/implementation of budget spending
- Maintains current knowledge and abides by HCAC/NCAA policies, rules, and procedures.
- Maintains necessary records
- Monitors eligibility for women’s basketball
- Attends NCAA/HCAC meetings, clinics, and seminars
- Works closely with Sports Information
- Responsible for safety of players during games, practice, travel
- Purchases and maintains basketball equipment and uniforms
- Makes travel arrangements
- Schedules and organizes team related activities
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring assistant coaches
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring officials
- Promotes players for recognition
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University
- Maintains relationship with media to enhance the promotion of the University
- Supports total athletic program
- Assists in weight room supervision
- Supervise open gymnasium as needed and as permitted by NCAA Bylaws for safety purposes.
- Event management as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.