|McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.McDaniel College invites applications for a Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College, we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit the College website for details.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, The Head Women’s Basketball Coach directs and manages all phases of the varsity intercollegiate Women’s Basketball program. This includes but is not limited to program administration, practice and game day preparation and coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, supervision of all assistants, budget management, proper utilization of facilities and equipment, and scheduling for practices, athletic contests, and designated special functions. In addition, the head coach will serve as a lecturer in the required physical education program, reporting to the Chair of the Kinesiology Department and be assigned a departmental administrative duty.
- Previous college-level coaching and/or teaching experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- Successful collegiate basketball coaching experience is preferable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong, detail-oriented, organizational skills
- Computer literacy and adaptability in all Microsoft, Recruiting and NCAA software
- A strong knowledge and experience working with athletes, teams and programs required
- A self-motivated leader/worker
- Ability and interest in sports and a willingness to work with college students.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with employees, coaching staff, student athletes, vendors, alumni and general public
- Ability to manage and supervise staff including training, scheduling, and evaluating
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a flexible work week schedule including evenings and weekends along with overtime in busy periods during the academic year.
- Knowledge of basic budgeting and record keeping procedures
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as instructions, manuals, rulebooks, safety rules, policy standards, student time cards and memos.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence for varied campus groups.
- Ability to speak effectively, present information one-to-one and in small group situations.
- Valid driver’s license with two or less points.