Lane College, NCAA Division II, located in Jackson, Tennessee invites applicants for the position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Athletics. Lane College is a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC).
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures encompassed in the NCAA, the athletic conference, College, and athletic department policies and procedures manual, with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
- Work closely with the assistant coach(es) in recruiting student athletes and submitting their academic records for admission.
- Create strategies for the team, instruct players, and provide mentorship.
- Develop the offensive and defensive game strategies for students.
- Demonstrate game techniques and recommend player position assignments.
- Cooperate in the pre- and post-workouts.
- Assist in the designation and recruitment of scholarship athletes.
- Plan and schedule coaching sessions according to established standards.
- Understand each players strengths and weakness and accordingly train players individually or in groups.
- Supervise the purchase of equipment, uniforms, and supplies based on assigned budget.
- Coordinate with Business Office in recruiting and team traveling activities.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair works for athletic equipment.
- Promote athletic programs through community events, fundraising, public speaking and marketing.
- Supervise academic progress of each player and implement necessary action plans.
- Have a solid knowledge of developing winning attitudes with good communication skills.
- Maintain discipline and conduct standards for players.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years coaching experience required, preferably on the NCAA collegiate level.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, or sit for long periods of time and be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- Overnight travel at a minimum of 50% of the time.