Indiana University Kokomo seeks qualified candidates for the full time position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach and Intramural Operations Coordinator.
- Reports to the Athletic Director.
- Manages and oversees the operations of the women’s basketball program to include recruiting, practice/game management, travel organization, skill development, event scheduling, academic supervision, equipment management and fundraising.
- Manages and oversees the operations of the IU Kokomo Athletic Social Media Plan. Develops this plan to accurately reflect the growing presence and branding of IU Kokomo and the Athletic Programs while also educating the coaches and other athletic staff on social media strategies to recruit and engage potential student athletes.
- Attends, runs, and plans basketball practice sessions, consisting of implementing drills and activities to instruct players in the proper execution of basketball techniques.
- Teaches basketball skills to student athletes in order to enhance their athletic ability and teamwork while developing leadership skills and life learning outcomes.
- Coaches student athletes during games, providing specific feedback to athletes regarding basketball skills and techniques.
- Develops, teaches, and implements a comprehensive strength and conditioning program that helps teach proper mechanics for fitness which minimizes injuries and trains athletes for success on the court and after their basketball career has ended.
- Leads film sessions with student athletes and creates game plans for opponents, understanding and analyzing the particular strengths/weaknesses of the student athletes on the team and of the opponents while ensuring athletes are improving in the sport.
- Supports the academic progress of the student athletes involved in the women’s basketball program by organizing study tables, tutoring as necessary, and providing access to academic support as needed.
- Develops opportunities to participate in service activities and encourage participation in the NAIA Champions of Character program. Uses these opportunities to teach life lessons about respect, hard work, value of education and service to others.
- Plans and executes the schedule of all contests and practices in compliance with RSC and NAIA regulations.
- Coordinates practices, fulfills game duties, ensures compliance with all NAIA rules.
- Makes basketball scholarship funding decisions.
- Fulfills associated duties such as speaking engagements.
- Recruits, quality student athletes as members of the women’s basketball program.
- Complies fully with all NAIA, applicable athletic conference, and Indiana University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student athletes by counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, sportsmanship, and personal matters, as appropriate.
- Develops a competitively successful team to represent Indiana University positively and responsibly. Provides student athletes the opportunity for a positive experience and climate in which to achieve their academic, athletic, and personal goals.
- Performs recruiting duties by formulating a plan to incorporate coverage of all prospective student athletes and recruiting high-quality student-athletes that meet or exceed university qualifications.
- Represents the team, department, and university in a positive, professional, and ethical manner; responds appropriately to media, marketing, fund-raising, and community service requests, as assigned. Exhibits professionalism in a manner consistent with the missions and goals of Indiana University, applicable athletic conference, and the NAIA.
- Directs coaching staff, when applicable.
- Maintains program budget.