The Head Coach is responsible for coaching, directing and executing all aspects of an NCAA Division II basketball program, and operating the program with integrity and in a welcoming manner that complies with NCAA, Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference, Athletics Department and University rules and regulations. The Head Coach will cooperate and work harmoniously within the athletics department, and the campus community, as appropriate, in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. Additionally, will assist as site supervisor for various sporting events, and participate in Student Affairs programming, as scheduled.
The employee must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University in word and deed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
1. Responsible for administering all aspects of the basketball program including but not limited to: quality coaching and instruction; compliance; recruiting; promoting/fundraising; team travel arrangements; maintaining equipment; community service initiatives; supervising assistants; monitoring academic progress of student-athletes; and fulfilling other such duties as they arise or as assigned.
2. Required to be thoroughly familiar with and comply with all University, Department, NCAA, and CACC policies, rules and regulations, and disseminate such information to assistant coaches and student-athletes, as appropriate.
3. Collaborate with and provide all necessary information to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance and ensure all NCAA and CACC rules and regulations are adhered to. This includes annual and on time completion of the NCAA Recruiting certification test.
4. Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards student-athletes, fans, parents, officials, spectators and community.
5. Serve as ambassador at University events and Open Houses.
6. Foster a healthy environment for student-athletes while promoting sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
7. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of, and adhering to, deadlines and specific dates for the timely completion of all forms and related materials.
8. Effectively manage and strictly adhere to travel, recruiting, scholarship and departmental budgets. Obtain approval from the Athletic Director, in advance of any variance.
9. Collaborate with Strength & Conditioning Coach/Athletic Training Staff to ensure the physical health, safety and well-being of student-athletes.
10. Provide on-site supervision during all team activities.
11. Moderate the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee(SAAC) including scheduling meetings, planning special events, performing community service and attending Conference SAAC meetings.
12. Assist with site supervision and preparation of athletic programs, special events and home contests, for other sports, as scheduled.
13. Assist, plan, moderate and supervise outside vendors and events in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Daily Operations.
14. Coordinate, track and distribute apparel/equipment orders for the Department of Athletics
15. Responsible for developing and executing fundraising initiatives and events.
16. In addition to the primary duties, this position will also perform administrative duties and responsibilities as directed.
17. Travel, and work at various hours of the day or night, including early morning, overnight and weekend work is required.