Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for recruitment of qualified student-athletes for the Community College of Rhode Island and participation in the women’s basketball program.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision, evaluation and oversight of the women’s basketball coaching staff.
- Responsible for the scheduling of games and other duties associated with execution of the women’s basketball schedule.
- Responsible for budget administration and fundraising for the women’s basketball program.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing and supervising practices, scrimmages and games during the competitive season.
- Responsible for off- season conditioning program in consultation with Athletic Training staff
- Responsible for maintaining statistics and work in coordination with the Sports Information Department as it pertains to publicity for the program
- Responsible for insuring all facets of the women’s basketball program; including staff, student-athletes and others associated with program, maintaining compliance with all NJCAA, Region XXI, and CCRI rules particularly as they pertain to amateurism, eligibility, recruiting, and playing and practice seasons.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of two years collegiate, high school or travel ball coaching experience.
- The ability to identify and attract outstanding students to the college, and ability to relate effectively with various constituent groups is required.
- Candidates must have some understanding of the NJCAA by-laws and the role of athletics within an academic setting.
- A valid driver’s license required and must obtain a current CPR/AED certification.