Head Women’s Basketball Coach – Community College of Philadelphia – Part-time
|School:||Community College of Philadelphia|
The head coach is responsible for the overall development and advancement of a competitive athletic program, in consultation with the Director of Athletics, demonstrating high moral and ethical behavior and good sportsmanship. In developing athletes, the head coach must recognize the academic needs of the student as primary and athletic achievement as secondary and celebrate both excellence in the classroom and on the field of play. The head coach must operate within budget to meet team needs and enforce rules pertaining to the College, student conduct, and governing rules and regulations
• Assist the Director with the recruitment and selection of assistant coach(es).
• Recruit student athletes, which includes scouting and provide assistance with the College’s enrollment process.
• Coordinate tryout and selection process of prospective student athletes.
• Schedule practices, pre-season and out-of-conference competitions, with complete schedule submitted to the Director prior to the beginning of the season.
• Submit complete team roster with required supporting documentation at least two weeks prior to the first event of the season; obtain approval from the Director for any additional students before granting permission to participate.
• In collaboration with the Equipment Manager, distribute and collect all team uniforms and equipment in a timely fashion.
• Coordinate fitness center demonstrations and off-season training for all team members in collaboration with the Fitness Center Coordinator.
• Direct physical conditioning of players to achieve maximum athletic performance and provide instruction on the techniques of the game/event.
• Determine game strategies by evaluating the College’s team and opposing teams’ capabilities before and during competition.
• Keep current records and statistics; submitting written results and/or statistical sheets to the Athletic department in a timely fashion.
• In coordination with the Director and Marketing and Government Relations, report contest results to the local media in a timely fashion.
• Coordinate athlete recognition efforts including athlete of the week, athlete of the month, and most valuable player of the year.
• Monitor academic progress and personal development of student athletes providing support, as needed, to encourage academic success.
• Collaborate with office staff in the coordination of team travel arrangements.
• Assist in the coordination and execution of “game day” contracts.
• Maintain eligibility requirements.
• Attend all coaches’ meetings in addition to special meetings as directed by the Director.
• Enforce all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations that govern the College.
• Ensure compliance with all NJCAA rules and regulations.
• Conduct team surveys and submit written assessments within 30 days after the completion of the season.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least, one year of experience in coaching college-level basketball required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Knowledge of NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to student athletes required.
• Strong knowledge of effective coaching practices required.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit athletic talent is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated management skills and knowledge of supervision and management practices required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
*Interested persons should complete an online application
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.