Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is accepting applications for the part-time position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach. The successful candidate is responsible for leading all aspects of the program including recruiting, scouting, coaching and counseling.
- Supervise all activities related to the student athletes
- Provide academic, personal, and professional mentoring to student-athletes;
- Comply with all NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Coordinate program’s recruiting efforts by identifying and evaluating prospects, making initial contact with potential recruits, and selling the school and program to recruits that meet admission guidelines to achieve roster goals and build a competitive team.
- Maintain records of all recruiting contacts and keep Athletics Director informed of recruiting efforts.
- Make regular contact with signees and assist with needs for enrollment into school such as transcripts and class scheduling.
- Establish the team’s competition and practice schedules which includes but not limited to coordinating, locating, and scheduling of opponents, make travel arrangements for away games. Scheduling and assistance for opponents’ practices in gymnasium and possible travel.
- Communicate with players’ teachers and with student services regarding class, absences and academic progress.
- Assist the Sports Information Director with player and program information for publication on athletics web site and other media information.
- Coordinate and organize equipment
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidates should possess a thorough knowledge of basketball, a sophisticated understanding of coaching and training strategies, and a demonstrated ability to enhance student athlete development.
- Experience as a student athlete at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrated ability and success in identifying and recruiting student athletes.