Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, coach and administer a successful NCAA DII women’s basketball program.
- Coach individual student-athletes in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in women’s basketball.
- Recruit and develop student-athletes who will successfully represent the institution academically, athletically and socially.
- Attend to details to effectively act on policies necessary and appropriate for managing NCAA, Gulf South Conference and institutional related compliance.
- Monitor and foster student-athletes’ academic success, physical and mental well-being.
- Commitment to a positive student-athlete experience.
- Facilitate discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; establish and oversee corrective action for breach of such standards by individual student-athletes.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice, strength and conditioning and competition in accordance with applicable NCAA and Gulf South Conference regulations.
- Supervise assistant coach and other program personnel.
- Work closely with the department staff to schedule events and facility usage.
- Monitor the safety of conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted.
- Maintain competitions in rules, rules interpretations, contest procedures, coaching techniques and general information on the aspects of the sport.
- Administer all program budgets, travel, scheduling and purchasing, in line with the guidelines provided by the athletic department and the Office of Financial Services.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to all aspects of the program and its management.
- Assist the athletics director and athletic department staff with fundraising and community engagement activities.
- Coordinate procurement of all uniforms and equipment.
- Develop a consistent and positive public communications procedure through Athletics Communication and the university to inform the public about the program.
- Additional responsibilities to be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of the following:
- NCAA Division II and Gulf South Conference rules and regulations
- Sport-specific techniques
- Institutional policies, practices and procedures
- Acceptable supervisory practices
- Recruiting and compliance-related documentation
- Successfully lead, recruit and manage people
- Execute strong interpersonal skills
- Apply successful teaching, coaching and mentoring techniques
- Counsel and advise prospective and college student-athletes within established rules and expectations
- Manage budgets
- Make oral and written presentations
- Administer First Aid, CPR and AED
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution required.
- Four years of basketball coaching experience with a competitive record.
- Proven ability to lead and manage people.
- Knowledge and commitment to rules and regulations set force by the NCAA Division II and the Gulf South Conference.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Master’s Degree.
- Proven experience in recruiting highly motivated and qualified student-athletes.
- Previous coaching experience as head coach at intercollegiate level.
- Previous coaching experience at the NCAA DII level.
- Previous coaching experience in the South region.