The Head Women’s Basketball coach is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all aspects of the William Peace University Women’s Basketball program. Coordinate the yearly plan of recruitment of student-athletes for the sport of Women’s basketball at William Peace University.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Head Basketball coach manages and coordinates:
-All correspondence between coaches, students, and parents in regard to potential visits by athletes to William Peace University.
-Must demonstrate the ability to coordinate all aspects of a yearly recruiting plan
-Must have a high level of proficiency with regard to using video analysis as a teaching tool. Oversee all preparation, coding, and feedback with regards to the video analysis approach within the program.
-Must possess an outward and energized personality with regard to community and campus events. High energy individual
-Coordinate off season training regimen and skill development program with strength and conditioning staff
-Prepare and monitor program budget.
-Oversee a complete recruiting plan.
-Coaching & supervising daily practices.
-Organize team travel (vehicles/hotels/meals/practices).
-Organize and manage successful youth summer camps
-Perform team related administrative duties.
-Assist with preparing and filing eligibility forms.
-Ensure academic compliance within the athletic department policies and procedures.
-Monitor class attendance policy.
– Plan and execute fundraising initiatives
-Maintain & order necessary equipment for the program.
-Maintain and update athletic department website information related to your sport.
-Coordinate with Sports Information Director to post results/stories.
-Plan and schedule community service project activities.
– Demonstrated ability to work with peers/fellow coaches within the department in a team environment
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
2. Exhibits student centeredness in performance of all job duties.
3. Treats all others with respect; understands the impact of culture/background on the behavior of others; respects differences among the WPU community and demonstrates inclusive behavior.
4. Anticipates, listens to, understands and responds to customer needs. Delivers work products and services to student-athletes, alumnae and friends of the University in a way that reflects positively upon the department and the University.
Education, Training and/or Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. 1- 5 years coaching and recruiting experience desired.
3. Ability to demonstrate overall business acumen.
4. Knowledge of the USA South, WPU and/or NCAA rules and regulations.
5. Ability to interact effectively in a collegial environment.
6. Proven & successful track record with regards to graduation rate of student-athletes
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1. Model integrity, character and leadership.
2. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and social skills.
3. Ability to work effectively with a broad range of constituents within a diverse community.
4. Ability to calmly evaluate and resolve routine conflicts.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
CPR/First-Aid & AED certification
Pass the NCAA DIII Rules Test
1. Five (5) years of experience in coaching and recruiting for the sport of basketball