Brief Description of Duties
- Develops the plan of operation for the Women’s Basketball program as well as coordinates the activities of the program consistent with University policy and the NCAA Constitution and Bylaws.
- Supervises and provides leadership to all staff and student athletes.
- Works with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and his/her designee to develop, implement and manage the budget for the program. Prepares and finalizes travel arrangements for the program within departmental policies and guidelines.
- Maintains close communication with the Sports Information Office to ensure positive public relations with the university and the community.
- Assists the equipment manager in monitoring and issuing equipment for practices and competitions.
- Recruits highly qualified athletes consistent with NCAA Bylaws and university policies.
- Recommends within departmental guidelines the appropriate level of athletic grants and other allowable financial support to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Monitors and implements policies designed to enhance and ensure the academic success of student athletes.
- Schedules competitions in coordination with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, and organizes practices and games according to NCAA Bylaws and departmental policies.
- Implements and monitors policies designed to enhance the academic success and the ongoing eligibility of student athletes. Ensures all members of the program are in compliance with NCAA rules.