Essential Job Functions:
- Keeps up with developments in the field of study.
- Demonstrates high standards – academic and professional.
- Evaluates student work constructively and provides timely feedback.
- Teaches at times and locations that meet student needs.
- Provides access to students through posted conference hours, electronic communications, and other appropriate methods and responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials.
- Develops and uses a syllabus and course information materials for each course, laboratory, or clinical setting within state, college, and departmental guideline.
- Recruit, train, and coach members of the women’s basketball program.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the women’s basketball program.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions.
- Schedule games with approval of the Athletic Director.
- Arrange for court care and maintenance.
- Administrative tasks to include budget formulation.
- Represent San Jacinto College and the women’s basketball program in a professional manner.
- Maintains high standards of competence in the discipline(s) and teaching methodologies through professional development activities.
- Plans, develops, and uses effective teaching methods and materials which assist students in meeting course objectives, are appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles, and engage the students in learning.
- Reviews, evaluates, reflects, and revises program curricula and teaching methods through a self-evaluation process of self reflection.
- Meets or exceeds professional standards, state-mandated guidelines, requirements of business/industry, and higher education, as appropriate to the discipline(s).
- Actively participates in college meetings and/or committees, task forces, and councils.
- Participates in college-related activities such as registration, community education, recruitment of students, student retention, and faculty selection.
- Participates in college activities for students/student organizations to aid in retention.
- Participates in business and community activities that foster goodwill and promote the mission and values of the college.
- Participates in activities required to maintain program and college accreditation standards.
- Participates in setting departmental goals, in developing college budgets that support the goals, and in planning for achieving those goals.
- Promotes and maintains departmental affiliation agreements and other partnerships with other institutions.