Mount Ida College is currently seeking applications for an Assistant Athletic Director/Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as Senior Woman Administrator.
- Oversees department’s efforts to comply with Title IX including conducting annual surveys, focus groups, compiling data and leading the efforts for gender equity in athletics.
- Serve as mentor to female coaching staff and female student-athletes and monitors the retention and success of female athletic programs.
- Manages the overall academic success model for student-athletes including monitoring MAPWorks, identifying at-risk students, referring students to tutoring services, monitoring attendance at academic support sessions, and managing departmental study hall programs.
- Monitors the full-time enrollment of all student-athletes on a daily basis to ensure compliance with NCAA rules.
- Develops and oversees the education and life skills development of student-athletes including annual speaker series, captain’s leadership academy, first year and returning student-athlete orientation and other areas of academic or social concern.