MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS PERFORMED:
– Direct and coordinate the activities of the basketball program in the planning, organizing and coaching of the Grand Rapids Community College basketball team.
– Perform all assigned coaching duties, including supervision of the Assistant Coaches.
– Promote the basketball program and support all college athletic programs.
– Coordinate and ensure compliance with college, conference, and NJCAA policies and regulations.
– Provide leadership and promote the academic, athletic, and personal development of student athletes at Grand Rapids Community College.
– Monitor academic progress of student athletes, insuring eligibility for graduation.
– Implement and maintain a dynamic recruiting process for student athletes.
– Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds. Maintain and purchase athletic equipment within annual plan and budget guidelines.
– Schedule and arrange team travel.
– Direct the basketball staff in preparation of analyses of opposing teams. Prepare game plans and strategy accordingly. Conduct and support fund raising activities.
– Attend college, conference, and NJCAA meetings as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
– Represent Grand Rapids Community College in professional, promotional, and alumni events.
– Develop fundraising opportunities to support the program.
– Other duties as assigned.