- Coordinate all recruiting activities for the program and with the Admissions/Athletic Department liaison and adhere to all institutional admissions policies and procedures on a consistent basis.
- Plan and implement various phases of coaching, recruiting, training, conditioning, practices, game preparation and fundraising.
- Full supervision during travel, as well as prior to and following games and practices.
- Complete national, regional and conference reports and logs.
- Assist in scheduling of games and record keeping for designated sport.
- Drive college vehicles to away games.
- Assist each athlete to hand in official transcripts, certificate of residence, physical form, and MMR verification prior to their first practice.
- Acquaint athletes with Code of Conduct and NJCAA eligibility requirements.
- Submit meal money rosters, in advance.
- File injury reports.
- Report all scores and details of games to area press following each game.
- Complete materials related to Athletic Awards and attend ceremony.
- Position requires evening and weekend work and travel for recruiting and competitions.
- In the absence of the Director of Athletics, coaches will report directly to the Vice President and Dean of Students.
- Ensure all practices and contests are conducted in a professional manner and that the highest standards of sportsmanship and integrity are maintained.
- Schedule regular office hours.
- HS diploma, coaching experience with ages 15 and up, knowledge of basketball, excellent communication and organizational skills, valid drivers license, evening and weekend travel for recruitment and competitions, well-developed time management and organizational skills, Final job offer contingent on background check.
- Associates degree or higher, college coaching experience, previous college playing experience, knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations.
To be considered for employment opportunities at Columbia-Greene Community College, please send cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references via e-mail to the Director of Human Resources. You may also write to:
Attention: Director of Human Resources
Columbia-Greene Community College
4400 Route 23
Hudson, NY 12534