The University of Texas El Paso is seeking a qualified applicant for a Graduate Assistant Coach in Women’s Basketball. UTEP is a NCAA Division I institution.
Responsibilities include assisting the coaching staff in all areas including but not limited to:
- Coaching, individual workouts, administrative duties, preparations and film breakdown.
- Must have knowledge of or be willing to learn computer systems and programs such as Synergy and Photoshop.
- Preferred knowledge of social media including, but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Daily office needs (copying, printing, mailing, etc.)
- Monitoring student-athlete academics
- On-Court activities (rebounding, passing, etc.)
- On-campus recruiting
- Assistant to Director of Operations
- This position is expected to adhere to NCAA and Conference USA regulations as well as the policies and procedures set forth by the UTEP Athletic Department.
- All staff members are expected to model a high level of character, self-discipline and integrity which is associated with all members of the Women’s Basketball program.
- Consideration for Graduate Assistantships is given only to applicants who plan to earn a graduate degree at UTEP.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Admission into UTEP Graduate Program required.
- Evenings and weekend travel is required
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- NCAA Division I, II, or III playing or coaching experience
- Familiarity with video editing programs
- Interest in pursuing a career in Athletic Coaching and/or Administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions or work assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts effort in successfully completing tasks.
- Dependable, responsible contributor committed to excellence and success.
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn new skills or techniques.