Graduate Assistant – Shorter University
|Conference:||Gulf South Conference|
Shorter University, a NCAA Division II institution which competes in the Gulf South Conference, is currently accepting applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant to the Women’s Basketball team. Shorter University is located in beautiful Rome, GA approximately 70 miles northwest of Atlanta.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Basketball Coaches with sport specific coaching, travelling with the team, equipment inventory control, game preparation, practices, strength & conditioning programs, and all other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. All activities shall be conducted within the policies and resource framework of the University, the Athletics Department, the Gulf South Conference, and the NCAA.
· Master’s degree options are: MBA, MBA emphasis in Sports Management, Master of Management, or Master of Accountancy. In exchange for hours worked for the team, the successful candidate will receive 30-33 hours of tuition remission for graduate courses only subject to the Graduate Assistantship Guidelines of the University.
· GAs are asked to make a minimum 18 to 24-month work commitment to Shorter, depending on the master’s program and hours allowed each semester.
· The successful candidate will be guided by high morals and character that exemplify their Christian beliefs in their everyday walk, and possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and resilience to a fluid work schedule.
· Previous experience in high school or university Women’s Basketball as a coach and/or player is required.
· Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission to the Shorter University Graduate School.
· Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Sports Management.
Shorter University is a Christ-centered University affiliated with the Georgia Baptist Convention and requires employees to be committed Christians.
Email Coach Jared Hughes at [email protected] for more information.