Prep Network (www.prepnetwork.com) is the national leader in prep sports coverage, events, and athlete recruitment. Our writers produce 2,000 articles each month, our 50+ tournaments and showcases host hundreds of teams and thousands of prospects across the country each year, and our RecruitMe Advisor platform matches athletes with their perfect college.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead the expansion of our Prep Girls Hoops brand. This person will develop a strategy to plan and execute tournaments and showcases across the country. He or she will draw on their experience with the college recruiting process to oversee the launch of our custom RecruitMe platform, helping high school athletes and their families navigate the college recruiting process. Additionally, this individualize will utilize our network of contributors to grow the Prep Girls Hoops brand and expand into new markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan. Develop a strategy for Prep Girls Hoops event expansion, including dates and locations to run tournaments and showcases.
- Execute. Operate club basketball tournaments and player showcases across the country, leveraging the Prep Network events team.
- Network. Connect with club coaches around the country to highlight Prep Girls Hoops events and the unparalleled media coverage we provide.
- Build. Collaborate with our web development team to launch the RecruitMe platform benefitting high school girls basketball athletes and their families.
- Help Athletes. Communicate with athletes and their families via chat, email, and phone to answer questions and guide them through the recruiting process.
- Compete. Be ambitious and grow Prep Girls Hoops to the next level.
Qualifications and Skills
- A strong network within the girls’ basketball community, especially among club and college coaches
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), as well as Google Apps (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs)
- Experience with the recruiting process is preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a college or club coach is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in event management or operations is preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Fun & Flexible Work Space. Free coffee and snacks? Check. Open & collaborative work environment? Check. Ping pong and mini-basketball hoop in the back? That, too.
- Awesome Co-Workers. Company culture is important to us. We love to hire curious and self-motivated people who work hard and have a blast doing it.
- Benefits. Health insurance and the most flexible vacation policy (we don’t track days off).