Responsible to work closely with the head women’s basketball coach to assist in the day to day activities of the program. Duties include, but are not limited to, organization of recruiting activities, purchasing team equipment, maintaining a monthly calendar, team travel coordinator, academic liaison with our academic advisor, community service organizer, and film exchange contact
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet at the discretion of the recruiting coordinator to organize weekly letter, call, and social media activities.
- Input recruit data as needed and keep site up to date.
- Handle paperwork before, during, and after PSAs official and unofficial visits.
- Prepare NLI and OVC paperwork.
- Subscribe to and pay for our recruiting services.
- Look for ways to improve (time, cost, effectiveness) of the recruiting process.
- Meet with head coach to determine the team’s outfitting and equipment needs for the next year.
- Keep a detailed inventory on equipment and outfitting.
- Prepare a monthly calendar showing our work out, practice, and activity times.
- Keep an accurate record of basketball related activities and fill out the CARA (countable athletic related activities) forms in a timely manner.
- Schedule and secure all team travel
- Make master academic schedule for team
- Point person for team community service involvement.
- Ensure that all home games and away non-conference games are filmed and uploaded onto Synergy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of university rules concerning purchasing of equipment.
- Knowledge of a template to follow to create recruiting materials for prospective student athletes.
- Knowledge of conference and NCAA rules and regulations concerning recruitment of prospective student athletes.
- Basic understanding of Synergy film exchange.
- Basic understanding of a college academic class schedule and basketball practice schedule.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with Athletic programs.