Director of Basketball Academy – Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx
|School:||Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx|
|Position:||Director of Basketball Academy|
The Director of Basketball Academy will play an integral role in helping to grow the game and improve the overall basketball experience for players, parents, coaches and administrators within the Upper Midwest.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Direct Academy programming including, but not limited to, camps, clinics, tournaments, training, leagues, combines and Jr. NBA programs.
2. Direct the creation and execution of Academy curriculum to include practice plans, player/coach evaluations and life skills programming.
3. Direct certification of Coaches Academy program to include hiring and onboarding processes while standardizing best practices within the industry.
4. Collaborate with Vice President of Basketball Development to manage Academy operations, budgets, league reporting and staffing/project plans associated with Academy programs and events.
5. Oversee game night programming to ensure experience and brand align to company standards while meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
6. Develop outreach plan to drive new business within the international community by engaging local, regional and international markets.
7. Facilitate Academy growth through new and existing relationships with local basketball organizations, communities and facilities.
8. Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth and lead measurement and reporting of key Academy metrics.
9. Provide leadership and develop staff in alignment with the core values and competencies of the organization.
10. Support the brand of the Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx, Iowa Wolves and Twolves Gaming franchises and lead by example as a brand ambassador.
11. Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
The above functions are not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Extensive operational experience, including project and event management expertise, with a track record of leading large-scale basketball and/or community activations.
2. Extensive experience and relationships within the basketball community is highly valued.
3. Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively, exercise flexibility as needed and demonstrate sound professional judgment at all times.
4. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; excellent at building and maintaining professional relationships.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred.
6. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is required.
7. Ability to work flexible hours including regular office hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years of basketball coaching experience required. Previous supervisory/management experience also required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional environment. In addition to working office hours, staff may be required to occasionally work Timberwolves and Lynx home games and events. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within the office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in gymnasiums, the Timberwolves and Lynx practice facility and a professional sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps and moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the building both on event days and non-event days. Staff in this position will also demonstrate and assist individuals with basketball skills. Staff will frequently move boxes of merchandise and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
This position will require travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.E-Verify Statement
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Please follow link below for complete job description and application information.