The Coordinator of Women’s Basketball Operations is responsible for the oversight of a variety of administrative tasks associated with the efficient operation of a Division I women’s basketball program. This position will report directly to the head women’s basketball coach and will be the primary liaison with various athletic department staff members. The coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating team travel, scheduling of practices & facilities, official visits & recruiting records, fundraising initiatives, alumni events, ticket requests, housing, financial aid, video needs, operating budgets, equipment purchases & disbursement, camps & clinics, and academic success of student-athletes for each program. In addition, this position will be required to travel with each team throughout the season and train & supervise team managers. The selected candidate will have excellent organization and communication skills. They will be responsible for the following:
- The coordinator will serve as the liaison to the Compliance Office for the Women’s Basketball program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight of official/unofficial visit and student-athlete complimentary ticket requests, coordinating on-campus visits (setting up itinerary, processing approvals, hospitality money disbursement), and documenting/tracking recruiting activity for both coaching staffs. Additional compliance related duties include, processing all official/unofficial visit and contact/evaluation information with the department compliance office as well as creating and maintaining a recruiting database.
- Coordinating all aspects of team travel to include processing itinerary with business office to ensure on-time departures, lodging reservations, transportation and disbursement and reconciliation of meal advances. Additional duties include scheduling and ordering pre-game meals for all home contests and acting as liaison with host institution to secure practice/shoot-around times/locations, meeting space, locker rooms, and team meals.
- Working with equipment room staff on team equipment purchases, orders and disbursements. Maintain and track equipment inventory.
- The coordinator is responsible for scheduling all practices (home and away) and securing facilities with athletic department staff. This includes negotiating court time, providing practice schedules to support staff and setting up court in advance for practices and shoot-arounds. Additional scheduling responsibility includes working with each sport’s supervisor in completing home and away competition schedule (including negotiating guarantee games).
- The coordinator is the liaison with the Sr. Associate AD/SWA in dealing with all housing issues for the Women’s Basketball program. This includes troubleshooting room assignments and scheduling intercession housing for student-athletes. The coordinator will also work with the Financial Aid Office to initiate grant-in-aid requests for prospective student-athletes.
- The coordinator will work closely with the Student-Athlete Development staff to track the academic progress of women’s basketball athletes. This includes, providing team travel and practice schedules in order to notify professors of missed class dates, assisting with scheduling of classes and ensuring degree progression, monitoring student-athlete class attendance, supervising study hall as needed, and meeting frequently with student-athletes to discuss potential academic problems/difficulties.
- The coordinator will be responsible for identifying, training and supervising student managers for the Women’s Basketball program. This includes soliciting the student body to secure managers to assist with operations during practices and away contests.
- As allowable by NCAA and America East Conference rules, the coordinator will be responsible for handling all videotape needs for the Women’s Basketball program. This includes coordinating tape exchange for conference and non-conference opponents, splicing game film and making player cut-ups.
- Other duties as assigned as appropriate for rank and departmental mission.