What you will do:
- Assist with daily operations of the Seattle Storm directly related to the team.
- Set up and breakdown for Storm team practices on court and in locker room.
- Participate in player practices including, but not limited to working the clock, keeping stats and passing & rebounding for players.
- Assist with player workouts.
- Assist with daily functions of basketball operations.
- Assist visiting teams in the market during practices, shoot-a-rounds, & games.
- Assist with game day activities including pre game set up, warm-up and post game.
What you will learn:
- Practice procedures for a professional sports franchise
- Insight into professional WNBA coaching techniques
- Women’s professional player workouts, drills, & skill building
- Basketball Operations duties in a major sports league
- How to make yourself accommodating and invaluable to visiting teams
What we ask of you:
- Pursuing either a 4-year college degree, or have recently graduated in, Business, Sports Management, Sports Administration, Exercise Science, or Physical Education with a desire to pursue a career in the Sports Industry
- Experience working for, or playing on, a collegiate or professional athletic team.
- Be available to work the hours required to successfully complete the season (including nights, weekends, & holidays)
- Ability to follow precise instruction.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a self motivator and proactive.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Dedication to the overall success of the Seattle Storm!
Successful candidates will be available the entire Storm season, approximately May through September/early October. Start and end dates may be negotiable in order to accommodate school year end & return dates.