The women’s basketball assistant coach position exists for two primary reasons.
1. Teach, develop, and mentor student athletes so they reach their full potential on the court, in the classroom, and in life beyond graduation.
2. Build a competitive basketball program that engages the community and represents The university.
• Bachelor’s degree required and significant or extensive professional level of experience or specialized expertise.
• Skills or competencies related to the sport of basketball through previous playing and/or collegiate coaching experience, and the ability to teach and develop talent and understand offensive and defensive systems.
• Demonstrates the ability to transfer technical and tactical knowledge of the sport of basketball to players through positive coaching and teaching methods, in individual and team instruction.
• Demonstrates an ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion in the instruction and coaching of student-athletes in individual skill instruction and small group sessions.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities gained through prior playing and/or coaching experience.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Demonstrates strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead small and large group discussions.
• Strong proficiency in a variety of software applications (Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook), and the ability to utilize the latest advances in technology.
• Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and recruiting procedures.
• Master’s Degree.
• Previous women’s basketball coaching and playing experience, Division I.
• Knowledge of all university, conference, and NCAA regulations.