SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to Head Women’s Basketball Coach, the Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is a 10-month position, assisting in the coaching of the women’s basketball team. Duties include, but are not limited to, individual player development, recruiting, practice planning and implementation, travel
arrangements, and other assigned administrative tasks.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE POSITION:
• Assist in the planning and implementation of basketball practice
• Assist in the recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes
• Assist in the organization and administration of team travel and home game management
• Individual player development: skill, conditioning, and speed training
• Scouting of opponents: scout opponents and write scouting reports
• Teach physical education and activities courses depending on education and experience
• Other duties as assigned by the head coach
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
• Intercollegiate participation in basketball or previous coaching experience desirable.
• Strength & conditioning background/experience desirable.
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning
• Demonstrated growth in cultural competence, awareness of societal and structural inequities and proven experience in effectively establishing relationships and positive communications with students and other constituents across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not
limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, class or religious perspectives
• A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a comprehensive Christian
liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church
• The ability and desire to adhere to all NCAA and NWC rules and regulations.
• Proven ability to relate positively to student-athletes and staff members.