The Assistant Coach for Women’s Basketball reports directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and will assist with all aspects of running an academically and athletically successful Women’s Basketball program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the organization and administration of a competitive NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Program.
- Recruit and retain academically and athletically talented student-athletes.
- Mentor student-athletes in their academic success and timely progress toward degree completion.
- Promote student leadership and development of exemplary student-athletes who strive for competitive excellence, academic achievement, and a commitment to service.
- Conduct training programs, coaching of practices and competition, and scouting.
- Represent the program with the upmost integrity and professionalism. Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and mature conduct.
- Participate in promotional activities, public relations, and fundraising initiatives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.Compliance with the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, the Pac-12 Conference, the State of Washington and any other governing body is of paramount importance to the University. The overall responsibility of this position is for the successful operation of the program in full compliance with all such rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, the Employee shall be required to participate in rules education programs offered by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years of experience coaching women’s basketball at the collegiate level, or a combination of successful experience in competitive playing and/or coaching at the high school, collegiate or professional level.
- Ability to recruit student-athletes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively and professionally relate to internal and external constituents and diverse populations.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Public speaking, promotional abilities and experience with the media desirable.