This position will work under the leadership and direction of the head coach and assist with the administration of a successful Division I women’s basketball program. Responsibilities include coaching, recruiting and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with on the floor coaching of student-athletes during practices, individual skill training, and games.
- Assist with the recruitment of student-athletes for the women’s basketball program.
- Assist the head coach in the administration of the off-season program including conditioning activities.
- Assist in the monitoring of the academic progress of each student-athlete participating in the women’s basketball program.
- Evaluate opponent game video for game plan preparation and administer the film / video exchange program with other institutions.
- Assist with team travel planning.
- Licenses: Class “C” Operator’s Driver’s License. Applicant selected must provide a current three year Driving Record from the current state of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver’s License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident. Marginal/Incidental functions Occasional use of university vehicles.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the head women’s basketball coach.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Two (2) years of basketball coaching experience or Two (2) years of experience as a student-athlete participating in college basketball; or the equivalent experience.