Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach – University of San Francisco
|School:||University of San Francisco|
|Position:||Assistant Women's Basketball Coach|
|Salary:||$65,000-$85,000 annualized; commensurate with experience.|
Assists with coaching duties for the Women’s Basketball program, operating under NCAA bylaws. Assists the head coach with recruitment and training for athletic competition, and participates in the overall coordination of the program, as appropriate.
1. Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team
practices, training, and competition.
2. Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the
Women’s Basketball program, in accordance with WCC and NCAA rules,
regulations, guidelines, and standards.
3. Provides guidance and assistance to student-athletes on a range of personal issues,
4. Leads, monitors, and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all
appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
5. Provides assistance in the coordination and administration of the overall program,
6. Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to
the media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• At least four years of Division I experience as a student athlete and/or collegiate
coaching experience or two year’s of an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Foster a cooperative work environment.
• Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
• Knowledge of NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements and
knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively
with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Knowledge of travel/lodging planning, scheduling, organizing and coordinating
• Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in
area of expertise
Please follow link below for complete job description and application information.