The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach to join our team.
Under direct supervision of the Head Coach of the respective athletics team, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the sports program and team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coaches practice sessions or workouts as assigned.
- May be assigned to work with a specific group of student athletes on a regular basis.
- Assists in coaching during athletic events.
- May assist in maintaining statistics and coordinating with officials.
- Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same.
- Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
- Assists in scouting and recruiting activities; may be responsible for specific geographic area.
- Performs specific recruiting duties as assigned.
- May assist in the implementation of the academic program including monitoring of individual student-athlete progress to ensure academic eligibility, enforcement of study hall program, and providing referrals to the appropriate University resources.
- Works with student-athletes and monitors their adherence to rules and regulations concerning conduct, appearance, and punctuality.
- May be responsible for coordinating one or more administrative functions as assigned.
- Works with Athletics sports medicine and strength and conditioning personnel, and with physicians as needed to implement team wellness and conditioning programs.
- Speaks to service groups and alumni organizations as assigned.
- Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Athletics Director.