The University is hiring for the position of Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. This position is responsible for assisting with the management and administration of all phases of the women’s basketball program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the University of New Haven, the NCAA, and the Northeast-10 Conference
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Head Women’s Basketball Coach
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department of athletics and the University, as well as the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Northeast-10 Conference, and any other authorities that affect the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the Head Coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the Head Coach and with appropriate departmental personnel in accordance with University academic standards and the skill level of a successful Division II program.
- Coordinate and monitor admission and enrollment process of signed prospective student-athletes.
- Demonstrate an active interest in and monitor the academic progress of individual student-athletes as designated by the Head Coach. Provide feedback on the academic progress to the Head Coach via weekly academic progress reports.
- Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations of the sport program, department of athletics, and the University. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
- Assist in training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Assist in the scouting of opponents as well as game preparation including the use of Synergy, FastScout, FastDraw, or other comparable resources to present necessary information to coaching staff and student-athletes.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
- Represent the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, alumni, and the general public.
- Participate in an annual athletics appeal or fundraising program to benefit the women’s basketball program.
- Follow all administrative procedures established by the University and the Department of Athletics.
- Cooperate with support staff and coaches of other sports to enhance the smooth operation of a fully functioning department of athletics.
- Participate in clinics and/or other professional development programs to ensure continual professional growth.
- Serve the University through participation in University affairs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience is preferred.
- Must have the ability to teach and demonstrate the skills and strategies of the sport. Must also be able to acquire working knowledge of using resources like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Synergy, FastScout, and FastDraw. Maintenance of current CPR and First Aid certifications is also necessary.
Please attach a cover letter addressing all required qualifications, resume, contact information for three professional references, and submit these materials via email to [email protected]. Please reference Search #18-21A in the subject line of the email to help ensure proper delivery.